* Make affordable loans to small businesses, farmers, government entities, and students
* Save taxpayers up to 50% on infrastructure projects, like bridges and trains and schools
* Eliminate billions in bank fees and money management fees for cities and states
* Support a vibrant community banking sector
* Enable sustainable prosperity
Help promote public banking and 'banking in the public interest.'
Join the public banking movement today.
The Public Banking Institute was formed in January 2011 and is a national educational non-profit organization working to achieve the implementation of public banking at all levels of the American economy and government: local, regional, state, and national. This is not a new or radical idea - there are abundant successful examples of public banking around the world - but there is currently only one such bank (the Bank of North Dakota) in the United States.
Our current private banking system has presided over the greatest concentration of wealth in human history, while the vast majority of America and the world has endured stagnant wages, declining wealth, and recurring recessions. In contrast, public banks empower small businesses, students, homeowners, city and state governments, and community banks to prosper and thrive by banking for the common good over the long term, and making low-cost credit available where it is needed in the real economy.
PBI is at the forefront of the public banking movement in the 21st century. We are pioneering something truly revolutionary: a banking and monetary system that supports sustainable prosperity for all of us.