The California Public Banking Alliance is organizing a public banking lobby day in Sacramento on April 8 in support of AB 857. You can register for this action here.
Advocates from San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Santa Rosa, San Diego and Los Angeles will talk to lawmakers and staff face-to-face about public banking. A bus from Los Angeles to Sacramento will be available.
Details from Public Bank LA: Join us for an action-packed day of citizens' lobbying as we make the rounds to legislative offices to make our voices heard. Yes to public banking and yes to AB 857!
Our friends at Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) Action are also headed to the Capitol for joint-lobbying on housing and public banking. ACCE will be chartering a bus for the lobby day trip. If you’re interested in traveling via bus, the donation for this trip is a very generous $20.00, which covers your room, travel, and food. ACCE Membership is not required to attend, but definitely encouraged!
The ACCE bus will depart from their LA office on Sunday, April 7th approximately 10:30am, and will return to their LA office late Monday night.
ACCE LA Lobby Day Bus Info:
- Attendees arrive at ACCE Los Angeles office by 10:00am Sunday, April 7th.
- Park in dirt lot north of Mercado building next to public storage building.
- We are asking for the $20.00 deposits as soon as possible.
- Lunch is not provided on the way up. We will stop in Kettlemen on the way up. Bring money for snacks/drink when we stop.
- April 8th after lobby visits bus will leave Sacramento no later than 2:30pm.
- Travel to Action on Housing target in Petaluma.
- Arrive in Los Angeles approx 2:30am April 9th.
Share this blog post with your friends!